Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jessica Sanchez' Dance With My Father connects with AI judges


Jessica Sanchez made the emotional connection American Idol judges were looking for on Wednesday's round of performances.
Performing the Luther Vandross hit "Dance With My Father," Sanchez conveyed a raw emotion and tenderness that won over Jennifer Lopez.
"Luther Vandross is one of my favorite singers of all time. That may have been the best. The tenderness, feeling, vocal ability -- everything," Lopez said noting Sanchez's ability to control the performance and make a connection. "The most beautiful I've ever heard it."

While he admits Jessica has her "own thing," Steven Tyler likened the performance to that of the late Whitney Houston.
"You know I don't think you can sing a bad song," said Tyler. "Touches on Whitney but you've got your own thing going on."

Jessica Sanchez ("Dance With My Father," American Idol, 2012)
Photo credit:  FOX 

Randy Jackson agreed with both Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.
"Yo I'm just so amazed at the talent this year. You are truly amazing to me. You are so natural. It flows," said Jackson. "Now you're making that connection. Every time you get up and sing, you know what's wrong with it ? Absolutely nothing!"
"Dance With My Father" was the second performance of the night for Sanchez. She had also performed "Bohemian Rhapsody" in a tribute to Queen.
Sanchez will face elimination with the remainder of the top 6 when American Idol returns to name the season's top 5.
American Idol, the results show, airs Thursday night at 8pm on FOX.

Her's her 
"Dance With My Father" IDOL performance:

For updates, follow her on Twitter:   
Follow me also: 
@PrinceYuan18
Thanks to examiner.com

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment